The project “CrossEUWBA” (or “Enhancing the cross-sector emergence of new women business angels across Europe”) is a two-year-project co-funded by the European Union. The project pursues the overall objective of facilitating the funding of women entrepreneurs (WE) through women business angels (WBAs) and contributing to the creation of a sustainable base of private investment in Europe.
The CrossEUWBA project brings together the expertise of six entities from 5 European countries with the expertise in the women entrepreneurs.
- Active WBA club: Informal WBA club run by Fundacja Przedsiębiorczości Kobiet (FPK) – Poland;
- Chambers of Commerce and Industry:
- Italienische Handelskammer für Deutschland (ITKAM) – Germany (lead partner)
- Heraklion Chamber of Commerce and Industry (HCCI) – Greece
- Business support organizations: Slovak Business Agency (SBA) – Slovakia; Innogate to Europe (INNO) – Spain; Polish Agency for Enterprise Development (PARP) – Poland.
The consortium partners intend to channel this expertise by focusing on the general objective pursuing the following specific objectives:
- better understand the success factors, obstacles and challenges that women are facing to become WBAs to increase the number of WBAs in Europe, particularly in countries with low participation
- increase the diversity of WBAs and the number of sectors that benefit from WBA investment
- increase the number of ready-for investment women entrepreneurs’ projects
- effectively match WBAs and WE, also through cross-border investments
- network, build a community and contribute to promoting a favourable and sustainable environment for the emergence of WBA networks/association/clubs
Many women have a dream in a form of their own special business, or they are sitting on an idea, that would deserve their undivided attention. There are many different barriers that could stand in their way: fear, missing support, lack of information about solutions to problems they see on daily bases. On the other hand, there are successful businesswomen, who would like to invest and support a good idea but do not know where or how.